Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another Hypoglycemia Post

Okay, so the doctor got the full panel of results back today.

Everything from yesterday still stands. And I got the note to give to Del Taco that says to "please excuse Lauren to take a five minute break every two hours to eat something due to her medical condition." So that should help...

I was also told today that I'm at EXTREME HIGH RISK for diabetes. Apparently my pancreas is being "grossly overworked" (and, yes, my pancreas ACHING is the cause of the mysterious painful stitch I get in my side sometimes--omg). I was told that I will get diabetes, but depending on how well I take care of myself, it could be in a year, in 10 years, or in 50 years. I just have to keep up with my food diary (I write down everything I eat and how I feel after it) and monitor any changes and go in for check-ups and so forth.

I need to eat SMALL, frequent meals. I had the frequency right. And the type of meals right, but I was eating too much. Which is why I would sometimes feel really sluggish and have to lie down after eating. My body simply cannot process large meals. It's even been strongly recommended to me that if I ever go out to eat, to have the cook put half of my meal into a doggie bag before I even get started. I must "never" overeat.

Also, apparently, if I don't watch my weight, it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back so to speak. As soon as I get "fat," that'll most likely be what triggers the diabetes to officially start up. O_O Jeez! (Looks like I trimmed down just in time!!)

So... There ya go then. I have to eat ultra small meals every 2 hours, I need to exercise & stay trim, and all that stuff.

Thank you again for all the support.

--Lauren*
PS: If I was ever mean to you because I was going through a blood sugar crash, I am very VERY sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment