Halloween weekend was a blast. My "little brother," Vincent, was having a show with his band Corpse Candy on the 30th and I finally got to see them perform! It was very exciting (and LOUD) and I was very proud. :3


I went to the Corpse Candy show with Ramiro (who did their amazing album cover). We got to go to IHOP after the show. Scrumptious!
(I got my hair cut a few weeks ago by Jaz at VOUS Hair...)One of the very best things about Halloween and Halloween weekend was going to House of Secrets and Eddie Brandt's Saturday Matinee. I love those places. Especially HoS (EBSM can honestly be a bit overwhelming). If you're in the area, you simply must stop by!
At House of Secrets, Ramiro was able to add to his collection of EC comics. I was very excited by this because I'm a huge fan too. Actually, my stack of comics used to be even larger than his but I ended up giving the bulk of my collection to Vincent (of Corpse Candy) when he was a small child (obviously warping him--in the best way!--for life).
Here's what I have left of my EC horror comics:
(Those Tales From The Crypt TV show DVDs were fun to watch over the weekend, too!)I also have a few EC oddities that aren't in the horror genre:
(That's right, EC Piracy comics weren't just made up by Alan Moore. They're real!).Halloween itself was very chillaxed. Lots of trick-or-treaters at my parents' house (over 50!) and Ramiro & I came over and helped carve pumpkins...
And that's pretty much it. Good times.
Oh, and for those of you who are interested, I got a note from Children's Hospital today saying that they received the money I donated. :)
Until next time...
--Lauren*
You look so cute together! Digging the 'do!
ReplyDeleteI've added your blog's RSS feed to my feed reader to better stalk you now :)