I'm still out of work and looking for a job, but, on a less depressing note, I have some other things going on in my life at the moment!
Next week (April 12-14), Ramiro and my friend Agnes will be flying out to stay with us. I'm very excited about this and can't wait to see her! :D
Also, on May 3rd, we're finally going to get our cats neutered. We adopted them from the harsh outside world, but until now they weren't really old enough to go through the surgery. So that'll be good. At least our cats won't be adding to the cat overpopulation in our area.
These are our cats:
Robert is the black one (male; 10 months) and Ziggy is the white one (female; barely 6 months). Ringo is the orange one (male; about 6 years). Ringo belongs to Sarahe, Ramiro's sister, but he likes to hang out with us a lot of the time.One more of Robert:
One more of Ziggy:
Thank you for indulging my "Cat Lady"-ness. I love our babies. :3Anyway, I've also been receiving some interesting things in the mail as of late. One of which, I'm sure is a scam. The "Foothill Physicains" sent me a "final notice" saying that I owed them money (for a hospital visit I had in May 2005). Well, for one thing, they didn't even spell Physicians right! And, for the other, why on earth would a bill from 2005 turn up now?? Ridiculous. I'm intending to report them to the proper authorities as soon as I get the chance.
The other interesting piece of snail-mail I received was from IHOP! I had some issues with one of their branches recently regarding allergen information. I'm allergic to soy (and fish, but that's another story) and so I have to be very careful when I eat out (or in general, actually... If you live in America, I dare you to pick up a packaged good and try NOT to find soy in it. Even gum has soy in it most of the time these days!). Anyway, this particular branch of IHOP was unable to give me any allergen information on their products--they were completely unprepared and untrained for such a situation!--and so I complained to headquarters. Well, since then, I've gotten some e-mails and then, yesterday, I received an official written apology from IHOP! Ramiro was very amused by this and suggested I post it so the rest of you can be in awe of it as well:
I'm sorry about the poor quality of my photograph. It basically says that they're appalled by that branch of IHOP and that an investigation into it is going to ensue and that they're very very sorry.Ramiro says I'm "that" customer. ~_~
I guess that's about it for now. Hopefully I'll have more to write about again soon.
--Lauren*
No comments:
Post a Comment