Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Box Sold!

The box I decorated with Fan Art (see entry directly below this one) sold!

My original intent was to keep $50 for myself in order to open a Savings Account (or at least to get by on... I was shorted 2 days pay on my last paycheck and I hate borrowing from my parents) and give the rest to Children's Hospital. But since the box sold for $55, I thought it would be pretty lame to only give $5 to the hospital... So I'm giving the whole thing to the hospital and keeping none for myself.

As soon as the money from PayPal gets transferred to my bank account (should be another 4 days), I'll make out the check and send it to Children's Hospital. I'll be sure to take a pic so you guys can see too. :)

I was originally hoping to go down to the hospital in person and drop off the check (and get a receipt...), but it's a bit far away and I'd probably end up wasting as much on gas as I'm donating. haha. Sadness.

Anyway! On to THANK YOUS!

Special thanks to:
  • Zach of SMBC for his news post about my box (which is actually what ended up leading the buyer to my auction!)
  • Tom of Gunnerkrigg Court for writing me a very lovely letter about my box (he saw it a bit late and couldn't help promote it, but he took time out of his busy schedule to write to me how much he liked it)

and, of course,

  • David from Austria for liking my box enough to actually BUY it! Thank you!!>

More updates soon!

--Lauren*



No comments:

Post a Comment