
It's about how to avoid pedophiles.
It was a very challenging project. There were certain scenes that had the potential to be extremely skeevy and had to be handled...delicately. I think I did a pretty good job, honestly.
The book itself can be a bit dull at times (I didn't write it). It's VERY repetitive. But I suppose that's because it wants to make sure that its points (mainly "don't talk to strangers") very very clear. Kinda hammers it in. Which, in some cases, I think is a good thing.
If you're a parent unsure of how to talk to your children about Stranger Danger, this could be a handy tool.
Or, if you're just a collector of VERY ODD literature. This could be something to add to your shelf to make your friends go "Whaaaaaaaaa...?"
I don't get any royalties from sales, but, if you're interested in buying a copy, it's available on Amazon: here.
So...that's pretty neat. :) Not only am I a published writer (poetry, newspaper articles, magazine articles, short stories) and published model (R&M bridal catalog 2003), but I'm officially a published illustrator as well now!
Woo!
--Lauren*
No comments:
Post a Comment