Those of you who follow my Twitter know that I've been re-painting my parents' bathroom. And that I promised pics!
For those of you who just tuned in, I still have no job. My parents were nice enough to offer to pay me to paint their bathroom. So, for about 2 days a week for the past couple weeks, I've been painting their bathroom 4 different shades of green (my mom had done a small patch, trying to start this project, a couple years ago). These are the tools I've been using:
I've been painting the walls with Liquitex paint. Due to the nature of acrylic paint, and also due to the bathroom being a hot box in the warmer weather, the paints dry very quickly, so I have to apply the paint in extremely small patches (which is part of why I'm using an itty-bitty half-inch brush instead of a "real" paintbrush for painting rooms). My process pretty much goes like this:- I apply a smallish area with paint, darker in the center and then fanning out lighter (so that the next green applied will have a little of this green underneath it).
- I take a paper towel and blot most of the paint back off before it dries completely, and also make it look "cool." The paper towels, depending on how you do it, leave some fun textures.
- I take the paper towel that I just blotted with, and use it to "stipple" paint onto other areas of green so that they too have that green in them. So they all sort of "blend."
- Repeat
I'm going to have to redo parts of this wall, this was before I started to get my stride. This next picture is more what it's really going to look like:
Please forgive my cell-phone pictures. You can't really see all the fun textures... I'm hoping that when the room is done I can get someone with a "real" camera to take some glamour shots for me.I'm also going to be redoing the cupboards & borders in some way. They're pink right now and that doesn't really go with the green too well. My mom was thinking that maybe white with some of the wood showing through might look good.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a paint sealant?
In other news, here's Ringo playing in a paper bag:
Until next time!--Lauren*
No comments:
Post a Comment