Those of you who read my last entry know that I've been picking up some food money (in my never-ending search for a "real" job) from my parents by re-doing their bathroom. Well, you lucky lucky people!--I have more pictures of the work in progress:
Painting the area directly behind the toilet was really difficult. Also, please forgive my cell phone pictures, yet again. I tried to take some close-ups so you guys could see some of the textures though:
A lighter section.
A darker section.I'm nearly finished painting the green parts of the bathroom. I just have to do the rest of the ceiling. I need to get more paints before I can do that. So, in the meantime, I've moved on to re-doing the pink cupboards/borders. My mom wants them to be white/wood with just "a little of the old pink to tie in the knobs & tile."
Here's what I've got so far:


I've been using a razor to scrape off layers and layers of paint. There's the pink layer, a white layer, another pink, a cream... The pink areas in the bathroom are all very "thick." I think that my parents cupboards & drawers will probably close a bit better than they used to now that I'm stripping away all those layers.While I'm working, I also get visitors coming in and out (mostly for their water bowl):
Wolfgang and, of course:
My darling Dorian.Also, my pet rose-knee tarantula, Sabu, shed his/her skin the other day. He/she is still too young for me to sex (I'm sure a professional could, but I'm still unsure. I have my best educated guess...). I had to leave Sabu behind when I abruptly moved last December and so my mom's been taking care of him/her for me. She was very surprised/worried when she saw him/her shedding. haha. But doesn't he/she look gorgeous now???
Sabu is my second tarantula. I had a female rose-hair tarantula named Harriet when I was 5 years old until I was out of high school. She was nearly fully grown when I got her.ON THE HOME FRONT
Back at home, things have been going fairly well. Ramiro and I are fine (knock wood!) and so are the cats. Robert's mom finally showed up again. Her nipples are all stretched out, so we know she had the kittens somewhere but we don't know where. We'll have to restart our efforts to capture her for neutering.
Lately, Ringo spends most of his time looking out the window (for hours!!) at the birds flying around outside. Ziggy was sick the other day when it was extra hot & gross, but has been just fine ever since. She's been alternating between running around & yelling at us and taking naps. And Robert has been enjoying coming in from the heat to get lots of loving and enjoy the air-conditioning.


Unfortunately, the cats aren't the only "critters" who like to come in out of the heat...
Eww.
Oh, summertime...
Until next time.
--Lauren*
As usual, I'm unsure why my font changed. I tried clicking the buttons and/or doing ctrl+b... I don't get it.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, enjoy the pics!