Remember last May when I made Batman's rogue's gallery in The Sims 3? Of course you do. Those were good times to be had by all! (Mostly me...).
This time I made Doctor Who Sims. (It was my birthday and I decided to take the day off & have fun!).
Click the "Read More" button below if you're interested in seeing a crap-ton of pictures.
--Lauren*
http://littlezotz.com
I decided to make The Doctor - Versions 9, 10, and 11.
I named them John Smith IX, John Smith X, and John Smith XI.
You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge them.
Here's John Smith IX:
Couldn't find a nice leather jacket for him, but I did find a jacket combo that had a v-neck t-shirt. I made the jacket shiny black to try to give the illusion of leather.
Ramiro helped me with the personality traits. Here's what we came up with for John Smith IX...
Sign: Libra (Justice...)
Favorite Color: Blue (Tardis blue, obviously)
Favorite Food: Fish & Chips (This is most relevant for XI, I think, but we kept the Sign, Color, and Food the same for all of the Doctors)
Favorite Music: Classical (Because he danced to it).
Life Goal: Super Popular (It seemed like the best goal for someone so "Fantastic!")
Personality Traits: Adventurous, Brave, Hot-Headed, Excitable, and Eccentric.
The Doctor has a LOT of personality, but we tried to pick what stood out the most to us.
Here's John Smith X:
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Fish & Chips
Favorite Music: Pop (We weren't really sure. I think this would be better for The Master--Scissor Sisters, anyone?--but it could probably work well for X too).
Life Goal: Seasoned Traveler
Personality Traits: Adventurous, Brooding, Genius, Eccentric, and Friendly.
Here's John Smith IX:
He's a little shaggy... It's the closest hairstyle we could find to his without shelling out money for something closer. :\
Sign: Libra
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Fish & Chips (with custard, of course).
Favorite Music: Country (cowboy hats are cool...)
Life Goal: Fairytale Finder
Personality Traits: Adventurous, Absent-Minded, Excitable, Eccentric, and Mooch.
They all live together. Just because. You figure out a fun time-travely reason why if you need to.
John Smith X wants to go to France.
I also built the Tardis for them to live in. Now, before you start whining about how crappy it looks, let me remind you that this was all done with just...whatever was in the game. I have all of the expansion packs (no stuff packs though), but it's still a bit limited. I wasn't going to shell out 10 bux just to get Tardis blue. So... Here it is:
Hahahaha. Pretty terrible.
I had to make it a bit longer/wider than I wanted because when I made it just a "box," the Doctors started boo-hooing about there not being enough room to use the stairs.
But here's where the Tardis gets cool. Thanks to the basement-making feature in The Sims 3, I was able to make the Tardis--wait for it!--BIGGER ON THE INSIDE! Woo!
First floor.
They each have their own chairs in the kitchen. Managed to get blue chairs for the dining room. I also put a sunflower painting up as a nod to XI's most baw-worthy adventure (gets me every time).
John Smith XI mentions there being a library and an indoor pool in the Tardis. I put them next to each other.
Second floor. (Ignore the blue blob in the corner--that's just the lower part of the pool). I put their bedrooms down here along with a hot tub and a room for inventing things/tinkering.
John Smith XI's room. Ramiro mentioned that he's basically an old man in a young man's body so I ran with the idea. Again, sunflowers, as a nod to my fave episode of the 5th season...
More of John Smith XI's old-timey stuff.
John Smith IX's bedroom. More modern/stream-lined. Lots of black. Also, he was a lot more buff than X and XI, so I gave him something to work out on.
John Smith X's room. Lots of things collected from his many travels. I remembered seeing a globe in his office in the "Human Nature" episode so I added that in...
Now that their home was complete, it was time to set the Doctors loose!
But, of course, by then, it was around one in the morning. (Creating stuff in The Sims 3 takes HOURS!!). So I didn't get to hang out with them for very long.
Here are the very first things each of them did:
John Smith IX hit the hut tub.
John Smith X hit the library.
And John Smith XI had fun sliding down the fire pole instead of using the stairs.
When I left them, John Smith IX was cooking for everyone, John Smith XI was helping with the dishes, and John Smith X was in his bathrobe (like the Christmas episode...but the wrong color; sorry) contemplating/brooding about broken hearts (remembering Rose, perhaps?).
And that's how I spent the last few hours of my 28th birthday.
Hope you enjoyed it!
--L*





























Lol I love these posts. And your tardis is really good for not having a mod!
ReplyDelete