Monday, October 24, 2011

All for One...

Hey, Everyone!

Still not much to report other than "the usual."  Have you been reading my "pro" Blog (updates Wednesdays) and ReviewHat (updates Tues/Thurs)?  Other than that, I've just been doing my every day work for WebTalk Radio and writing articles for various clients.

I did, however, hang out with my parents on Saturday.  We went out to eat and then saw this movie:
 Click pic to enlarge

It was about what you'd expect from a Three Musketeers movie (but with perhaps more explosions than usual).

Some things I really liked:  They used an actual teenager to play D'Artagnan!  I also thought that the King & Queen were simply adorable, and I liked how everyone looked very at home in their froo-froo costumes (probably because most of the cast seems to have been typecast for these types of movies--I swear, I've never seen Orlando Bloom in street clothes!).  I was able to believe that, yes, those are the Three Musketeers, not actors playing awkward dress-up (a problem I had with the 1993 Disney version).

Some things I didn't like:  The movie was under 2 hours long, but felt like it was much, much longer.  I also hated the 3D--It served no purpose other than to give me a headache.  Up until the last scene (where the Musketeers point their swords at the camera and do their "One for all..." catchphrase), I didn't even notice the 3D.  It would have been just as good (better!!) if it had been in 2D.

Like that review?  You should head on over to ReviewHat to read some of my reviews of everyday items! ;)

That's all for now.  Time to start my work day!

--Lauren*
http://littlezotz.com

1 comment:

  1. Lol yea, most movies are trying to be 3D just so they can charge a little extra for tickets... I can't imagine there'd be too many reasons for the musketeers to be in 3D!

    Great review though :)
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete