Monday, October 3, 2011

!!!REVIEW HAT!!!...and the Oktoberfest

Hello, Everyone!

The time has finally come for me to announce the "secret" project I've been working on!  Check THIS out:

http://reviewhat.com

Please click on either of those two links (or the picture itself) to be magically transported to ReviewHat--a site for reviews.  It's a joint project between Ramiro, our friend Ray, and myself.  You can read more about it in the site's "About" section.  I hope you find our reviews useful (and maybe a little funny).

So that's my big announcement that you've waited two weeks to hear!

In other news, I was in the hospital on Friday. (What a way to end September!).  I passed another kidney stone.  I won't go into details...  Unless you want me to.  If you ask me, I will regale you with all the bloody (literally) details and you will cringe in horror and awe.

On the bright side, I got to see a rainbow on our way to the hospital...
The next morning, Ramiro, Ray, and I got in the car and headed a few towns over to the Montrose Oktoberfest.  I'd promised 2 months in advance that I would be there to help film my dojo's demonstration.  Plus, I love the martial arts demo!  I wouldn't miss it just because I was in pain and on anti-biotics!  So I suited up in long-sleeves, pants, a hat, and plenty of sunscreen (I wasn't supposed to go out in the sun thanks to the anti-biotics the doc gave me) in 90+ degree heat and filmed the demo! 

Everyone performed really well!  While I was filming the action with a video camera, Ray was behind me taking still pictures with my digital camera.  Here's a couple:

About to begin.  That's Master Armen Heroian in the red jacket.
Ryan up in the air with his bo-staff!
 I taught most of those kids! I'm so proud.  :3
Master Dannon doing his thing.
Look out! Those kicks are coming right at you!
Everyone lined up to take a bow.

It was a great demonstration.  I wished I could have been up there with them.  I used to really enjoy being a part of the Oktoberfest demos.  :)

Despite my precautions, I was feeling pretty woozy by the end of the demo so the guys and I went home immediately after it was over.

I spent Sunday resting and putting the final touches on ReviewHat.

And, today, I'm back to work!  One day of recovery is more than enough for a tough gal like I am!  (I hope...)

Oh, and be sure to tune into my pro Blog on Wednesday for another thrilling "People I Know" interview!  It's slightly Halloween-themed, so you know it's gonna be good!  ;)

See you next Monday!

--Lauren*

PS: If any of you Glendale Villari people want more pics from the Oktoberfest demo, feel free to e-mail me at littlezotz@gmail.com  Ray took about 40 pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment