Friday, July 30, 2010

Steff & Kurt

Hello, Everyone!

First, your kitten update: They're soooooooooooooooo big now! Ramiro and I just looked out the window of the back door and saw them learning how to hunt with their mother. They grow up so fast!

As for the lucky one that was adopted, she's doing really well. She's been treated for fleas and is eating regularly and is apparently a very great pet. We were very happy to hear that!

July 28th was Ramiro's birthday. Here are some pics from that.Ramiro likes pie better than cake, so I got him a cherry pie to make his birthday wish on! And it was sugar-free so I could eat some too!!This little guy was one of Ramiro's more unusual birthday gifts. It's an action figure my dad made for Ramiro based on Ramiro's comic SKINCUBE. I think it turned out pretty well. He now has a spot on our manga shelf.

Yesterday, my friend Steff came up from San Diego to visit us! Steff is one of my longtime friends whom I've known since the first day of 8th grade in 1998. We were in science class together first period and she liked my pants and came over to talk to me.

Anyway, she gave me the most amazing gift! Her old laptop!! I'm writing on it right now, actually. Isn't that fab? I feel so fancy! She named "him" Kurt and I decided to keep the name. I've known "Kurt" for a long time now--whenever I'd go visit Steff, we'd browse the Internet on Kurt and one time we even watched a movie on him--so it seemed a shame to change "his" name. :) Take a look at my laptop!I actually really like that Kurt has stickers on him. That means that if I find any cool stickers, I can slap them on without feeling bad like I'm ruining the computer or something. Kurt has two problems--he needs a new power cord (I don't know if you can see, but it's being held on with hair ties) and a new battery--but if I ever get a "real" job, those problems are fairly inexpensive to fix. Other than that, my laptop is PERFECT! It has everything I could want. Ramiro spent all day yesterday setting it up for me. It was a complete blank slate.

After Steff hung out here for a while with Ramiro & me, she and I went to the L.A. Zoo. We had free passes. It was pretty fun, but most of the zoo was under construction and the animals were extremely hot. I actually thought this red kangaroo had died until I finally saw him take in a breath:Like I said, we didn't really get to see many animals because the zoo was under a ton of construction. The primate areas were open, but Steff and I both don't care for primates so we didn't go there really. Here are the other animals we saw:
The Bongo was probably the animal that was saw that was faring the best. As you can see, his enclosure is in the shade.

I don't know if you can see it or not from my crummy cell phone picture, but the lion has his tongue sticking out. He was panting in the heat, poor thing. There was a group of obnoxious children yelling at him to "ROAR, YOU BIG DUMB OAF!!" and I got mad and told them to "Shut up!" and they did. Stupid kids. In my opinion, people like that shouldn't even be let in to the zoo. Just because something's in a cage doesn't give you the right to disrespect it.

The giraffes were the last thing we saw. Those are Steff's favourite. We were impressed how big baby giraffe has gotten. Baby giraffe had just been born the last time we went to the zoo together.

I guess that's about it for now...

Until next time!

--Lauren*

No comments:

Post a Comment