Saturday, July 31, 2010

Jack in the Box VS. Burger King

Hello, Everyone!

As you can imagine, with all my food allergies (soy & fish) and hypoglycemia diet restrictions (no sugar or white flour), it's pretty hard for me to find places outside of our home to eat at.

Last night, Ramiro and I found out that Burger King has discontinued their sourdough bun. Not only is it the only bun without "white" flour, but it was also their only bun that doesn't contain soy flour. So...just like that, the one thing I could eat at Burger King (Whopper w/ a sourdough bun) was no more!

Anyway, Ramiro and I did some research today for half an hour or so and found some things I can eat at Jack in the Box: the sourdough steak melt, the sourdough jack, and their curly fries. I had the sourdough steak melt today and it was delicious.

And, I must say, even though most of Jack's food contains soy, fish, and MSG, they are very up front about it. They are not secretive about their ingredients lists at ALL. I really respect that. With Burger King, it was a big hullabaloo trying to find something I could eat there--and then they discontinued it!--but at Jack, all we had to do was go online and it was all RIGHT THERE. And we found THREE things I could eat. Beautiful.

Anyway, on the off chance there's someone else like I am out there, I wanted to let this information be known. Go try that steak melt! And even if you aren't like I am with a million food issues, try it anyway: it's really tasty!

Until next time...

--Lauren*

1 comment:

  1. I just left Jack in the Box good feedback. See? I don't just complain (for those of you who still remember the apology I got from IHOP), I also speak up when something is really GOOD too. :)

    ReplyDelete