Hello, Everyone!
I held three kittens today. Well, 2 for sure. I may have picked up the same striped one twice... Pretty sure I had 3 different ones though. One of the striped ones has greener eyes than the other.
Anyway, I was able to "sex" two of the kittens today. For those of you who don't know (or are horribly immature), that means that I was able to look at their "parts" and see if they were male or female. And, if this is correct (and I think it is since it's what I used to determine Robert & Ziggy's sexes), then so far we have 1 black male and 1 striped female. The other two are still unknown for the time being. My entire forearms on both arms got clawed up in the process.
In the end, I was able to calm the kitties down during each Taming session I had with them. One got so cozy she fell asleep. Ramiro also gave the girl one a little wet food and she gobbled it up. The kittens are about 6.5-7 weeks old now, so they're right at the age where they can start being weaned.
The kittens have been hiding from the 100-degree heat lately, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay under the deck where it's nice and cool (and where they're totally unreachable), so this was only the 2nd time I've gotten to hold them. I've been trying to sit near them every day so they get used to humans though. I go out every day and sit near where they're lounging and I talk to them and stuff. Hopefully it's helping. I think it is. After the initial shock of being picked up, they seem to calm down pretty quickly.
In other news, Ramiro and I harvested the potatoes we planted a while back. We planted 3 russet potatoes and today we dug up 43 (FORTY-THREE!!!). They were slightly dinky though because we planted them in a super small space (we didn't expect it to actually work), so we took our 43 small potatoes and planted them in a very spacious area so this time they have lots of room to grow big potatoes. That's the plan anyway. Let's see... If 3 potatoes yielded 43 potatoes then 43 potatoes should turn into....................................? Well, enough to make a good pot of soup, huh? :)
That's it for now.
--Lauren*
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Taming Day #2
Labels:
aspca,
kitten,
kittens,
kittens for adoption,
potato,
potatoes,
ramiro,
sex,
sexing,
taming,
taming kittens,
wean,
weaning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment